Thursday, May 27, 2010

From the Texas Distribution Center

Just an update on what is going on here at Jake's in Texas. It's hot, really hot. Some of East Texas and Western Louisiana got rain yesterday however the southeast portion of Texas and Southern Louisiana are drying out quick. As of this morning there were 3 counties in Texas with KBDI means over the 575 threshold (Jasper, Newton, and Orange) We still have time for rain and we all need to pray for it as the June 15th deadline for banning stick rockets and missiles in Texas is right around the corner. I heard yesterday that Ector county in West Texas issued a missile and rocket ban even though the KBDI mean index was 347.......... If you hear of any of the counties around you'all be sure and let me know and I will pass it along. As of today this is the only one that I have heard of.
I have had many many many complements on the new website. Everyone should thank Ben Turner and his staff for an absolutely wonderful job. It was over a year in the making with countless hours spent staring at computer screens. So job well done! If there is anything that you would like added to the site or anything that you can think of that would help make the site better be sure and shoot us an email or just comment on this blog and we will do our best to get it done.
Order shipping is in full swing here with customers wanting to use this Memorial Day Weekend to get their orders divided up and ready to go to the stands. If you have not already placed your orders remember the sooner you get it to me the better chance you have of getting everything that you want. If there is anything that you would like for me to talk about send me an email to brian@jakesfireworks.net or just add a comment to the end of this blog.
I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday weekend and I'll continue to keep you posted here on the blog from time to time.
-- Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment